Pages

Friday, April 1, 2011

Everyone Needs Validation

Last night my sister-in-law showed me this video about validation.  When she told me it would last for 16 minutes, I was a little skeptical, but wow--it was well worth the time.  My children watched it with me, and it has had such a positive effect on our family.

We went to the movies with Eric's family today, and there was a nice lady from Australia taking the tickets.  She seemed a little down (and maybe not in love with her job), and after the movie, Alia went up to her and said, "Thank you for all you do to make the movie theater a nice place to visit."  So cute.

Enjoy the video!

5 comments:

  1. Oh, I totally need to learn to be like that man. I think I could actually enjoy dealing with grouchy people!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. April, a friend sent me this link last week and my kids and I watched it together too. Wouldn't it be wonderful if more people actually did this. We are working on it in our own family. As my husband and I were getting in bed that night I downloaded it to the Ipad for him to watch. He was a little leery of the 16 min Youtube but it was a great way to end our day together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you Patty Ann! I'm trying to be more like the man in the film. And Danee, I was leery of the 16-minute YouTube, as well, but it's more like a "half television show." :) Thanks for your comments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally need to learn to be like that man.and I think I could actually enjoy dealing with grouchy people,,,,,,,

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally need to learn to be like that man.and I think I could actually enjoy dealing with grouchy people,,,,,,,

    ReplyDelete



Related Posts with Thumbnails